All year around a different new electronic comes out that the kid's want,especially when it was just less then 2 months before that request they wanted a different one!! I wonder what is next!!As soon as i learn how to work one gadget another hit the shelfs.All the iPods and computers my kids master i have to ask them to teach me.When i see some of the prices for these items it just floors me.I have a "system" that i go by everytime i think about making a purchase for anything.I hope my 5 tips for holiday shopping helps you out.Please feel free to add to these.
- Prioritize- Is the item something that is really needed or is it something wanted? Can it fit in the budget without sacrificing a bill or another needed expence?Stick to the set budget for the item you plan to spend your money on.
- Plan- Take a few weeks and look at your Sunday Newspaper ads,scope out prices,check out if any of the Department Stores in your area offer price comparison.
- Search the Web- Join cash back sites on the internet so you can get a percentage of your cash back for your item/items.Most cash back sites offer money just to join.Read different feedback/reviews on sites that others leave about the quality of the product.
- Deals- On different holidays sales are always available.Black Friday is a good time to shop or Cyber Monday offer internet sales.Join Mommy Blogs that always post about the deals and bargains.I find alot of deals a day before the holiday or on the holiday or day after.Stores that sometime are going out of buisnss offer alot of marked down prices.
- Do your homework- Keep all reciepts,all ads if you used them for price comparison,keep up with your warrenty if you purchase one or if one is included,ask the salesman all about the item ask what the return policy is,if you put the item on layaway you want to know all the information on any fees, cancelation fees,if item goes on clearence will it get marked down while on layway,grace periods.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Staples blogging program, making me eligible for a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate,please click here.