Thursday, December 9, 2010
Posted by Shannon's Tales of Motherhood at 11:04 PM
I hope you can use some of my tips,If you have any you would love to share please do,I could always use more tips!Please comment below.
- Make a list for EVERYTHING,find out what everyone on your shopping list would love to have and what would make them smile.
- Keep within your budget,shop at discount stores and use coupons.Watch the newspapers for flyer inserts with all the sales coming up.Scope out the stores sales papers to see the sales as well.
- Plan a time of the day when the store of your choice is not so busy to shop.I like shopping early in the morning or late night when most people are at work or sleeping.
- If you plan on having a party go to a craft discount shop and create nice,fun invitations.Make sure you decorate them with a little ribbon and buttons,stickers,what ever your creative mind can come up with.Purchase $1 baskets and add beauty to them.Glue on bows,name labels ect.
- Make special cup cakes that are unique for each family member.Example,If your 3yr old loves Toy Story 3 you can purchase on Ebay decorations for the cupcake toppers.Or use everyone's favorite colors as the icing.Use matching stockings for stocking stuffers.
- If you plan on going out on a night of town with your honey for New Years set up a babysitter a few weeks ahead of time.Purchase your honey's favorite champagne and give him a late night message.
- Take pictures,never forget your camera.Pictures are one of the best memories to have to look at.They show memories that you will love to look back at.
- Give & Share-Plan a holiday morning for your family and you to all get together to volunteer at your local shelter or mission serving food.You will all feel so good after you see all the smiles on the faces who are in need.
- Adopt a Family- Many families can't afford to give their children toys or any gifts for the holidays,if you are able to donate a toy or a piece of clothing you will be helping someone in need.Family games are really good to give,they are so much fun for the whole family.
- Breathe-Don't overwhelm yourself.Do as much as you can do and be proud.Don't feel like you have to save the day for everyone.Your only 1 person.
I hope these tips will help.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Hasbro Ultimate Gifts blogging sweepstakes, making me eligible to get a $50 Gift card to use at http://www.habrotoyshop.com/! For more information on how you can participate, click here!
About Hasbro Ultimate Gifts
Celebrate the season through a limited time collection of toys and games by Hasbro:
About Hasbro Ultimate Gifts!
Hasbro 2010 Holiday “ULTIMATE GIFTS” include:
FURREAL FRIENDS BISCUIT, MY LOVIN’ PUP
(Ages 5 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $199.99/Available: Now)
FURREAL FRIENDS BUTTERSCOTCH MY FURREAL PONY
(Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $299.99/Available: Now)
MONOPOLY ONYX EDITION
(Ages 8 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $49.99/Available: Now)
SCRABBLE PREMIER Wood Edition
(Ages 8 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $119.99/Available: Now)
STAR WARS MILLENNIUM FALCON
(Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $179.99/Available: Now)
TRANSFORMERS ULTIMATE BUMBLEBEE
(Ages 5 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $89.99/Available: Now)
About Hasbro, Inc.
Hasbro, Inc. is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company’s world class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, video games and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its customers through the strategic leveraging of well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY. The Hub, Hasbro’s multi-platform joint venture with Discovery Communications launched on October 10, 2010. The online home of The Hub is www.hubworld.com. Come see how Hasbro inspires play through their brands at http://www.hasbro.com.
More info: http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/
Follow Hasbro on Twitter: http://twitter.com/hasbronews
Posted by Shannon's Tales of Motherhood at 8:56 PM