It can be so difficult and time consuming to choose health benifits that will help with meeting our family's needs.With the new health reform law we must be more selective and understand what is just right and be ok with our decisions.This is no easy task but it must be done!
In order to help us cut through the confusion and take Advantage of Open Enrollment along with alot of other helpful information we may need throughout the year, you can read a educationa portal developed by Aetna Be Smart About Your Health it offers many tips and tools along with ways to save money.It will keep you up to date with the health care reform.
Below are a few tips to help you make a decision in less then an hour:
- Prioritize- use careful thought of how many check up visits you will need for your family in the up coming year along with medications that might be needed requardless if they are over the counter or prescribed.Look back into your previous year and do an estimate so you could have a good idea.
- Check out the networks available to see that your family will be seen by a Dr. that your comfortable with.Will you need an out of network Dr.?
- Figure out your prescription costs,premiums,out of pocket pay and co-pays.Make sure you choose what your family can afford.You dont want to choose something thats way over your head!
- Check out the benifits that go along with your plan.Do they offer gym discounts?Will they cover different services you may need such as enrolling in a Health Savings Account?Do they cover counceling or specialist services? Dental?
- Make sure you understand everything,we have rights,we have to be sure to understand every detail that is included with your choice.Know the pro's and con's,think about what your family needs and choose wisely.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Aetna blogging program, making me eligible to get a $30 Target gift card. For more information on how you can participate,go here